of Berwin Leighton Paisner (BLP)
Find a lawyer
Vitaly Mozharowski focuses on investment project support, project finance, due diligence on real property, commercial and industrial real estate transactions, construction issues, land law, environmental and subsoil matters.
Vitaly has extensive experience in regulating relations associated with structuring and implementation of real estate transactions and construction projects, as well as providing legal support for land transactions and acquisitions of Russian companies by foreign direct investors. He is regularly involved in development projects; identification and minimisation of risks associated with commercial real estate; development and construction matters, privatisation, sale and purchase, lease, mortgage, easements, etc.
For several years running, The European Legal 500 (2007-2012), PLC Which Lawyer? (2009-2012), Chambers & Partners (2006-2012) have highly recommended the Real Estate team led by Vitaly Mozharowski as one of the strongest in Russia and Vitaly as a recommended individual in his practice area.
For 2009-2012 Vitaly Mozharowski has been one of the three lawyers top-ranked by "CRE 100. 100 most influential people on the Commercial Real Estate market" in the "Legal practice" chapter (one of the most well-known rankings annually held by Commercial Real Estate Magazine).
Vitaly has been recognized as one of the best real estate lawyers in Russia by Vedomosti’s Best Lawyers 2012.
Some of the recent projects on which Vitaly has advised include:
- Comprehensive legal support for construction of a car-assembly facility for Nissan
- Nord Stream AG – advising on legal aspects of laying the Russian part of the gas pipeline along the bottom of the Baltic Sea: forestry, farm land use limitations, land allocation, change of land category, environmental aspects, government and international matters, construction, permits and licences, water use and protection, etc.
- P&G, Motorola, Toyota Bank, Alfa Bank, Philips, Nike, Volkswagen, etc. - national HQ office leases
- Representing Auchan in acquisition of the Ramstore network of 20+ supermarkets in Russia
- Representing Tomilino Logistic Park towards Raven Russia, FF&P and ImmoEast in 5 deals for forward financing and sale of warehouse facilities occupied by tenants (finance, securities, land, construction, lease, infrastructure, utilities, etc.)
- Representing Sheremetievo International Airport (Moscow) towards a syndicate of banks in a Terminal Reconstruction project (finance, antitrust, public tender, construction and land matters, liaising with the authorities, securities etc.).
- Legislative work – Sochi-2014 Winter Olympics Federal Laws (land, development, construction, investment, environmental aspects, infrastructure, town planning, re-zoning, budget, tax, migration, etc. matters).
- Numerous greenfield industrial projects (land, construction, utilities, infrastructure, liaising with the authorities, environmental aspects, investment, financing, subsoil matters, licences, etc.), including Mars, Coca-Cola, Danone, Guardian Industries, Kronospan, Kimberly-Clark, Saint-Gobain, Lafarge, Komatsu, Oriflame, etc.