of Berwin Leighton Paisner (BLP)
Find a lawyer
Nikolay specialises in corporate law, corporate restructuring, anti-monopoly legislation, consumer rights legislation and civil proceedings.
He has considerable experience of advising Russian and foreign companies on various aspects of corporate, labour and anti-monopoly law in the motor and food industries, production of industrial equipment and provision of financial and other services.
He has participated in a number of comprehensive projects for corporate restructuring involving due diligence of current group status, risk identification, and development of the most appropriate models for optimising corporate structure, including in consideration of anti-monopoly requirements.
Nikolay Voznesenskiy advises major Russian and foreign companies on anti-monopoly law, in particular on agreements and concerted actions, co-ordination of economic activities, and submission of applications and notifications, and effectively represents the interests of clients before anti-monopoly authorities and in disputes with these bodies.
Nikolay has implemented a substantial number of projects for organising contractual relations within the scope of dealership networks, promoting financial services, and developing sales systems for prepaid goods and services (non-bank cards, gift coupons). In the area of labour law, Nikolay successfully advises international companies on introduction in Russia of option models and employee profit sharing plans and takes an active part in their implementation in practice.
Nikolay is recommended by PLC Which Lawyer? 2010 and Chambers Europe 2011.
Some of the recent projects include:
- Major car producer – legal advice on preparation of dealership contracts, including advice on antimonopoly and other regulatory matters in distribution relations, on structuring business processes and avoiding risks in the sphere of car sales, warranty repair and servicing in consideration of antitrust matters and sensitivities;
- Several major producers in food industry – representation of a client s interests in the central and territorial departments of the Federal antimonopoly service in cases concerning presumed agreements and/ or concerted actions, daily advice on antitrust matters in development of agreements, marketing and advertising campaigns, compliance programs;
- Major producer in construction materials industry – representation of a client s interests in communication with the Federal antimonopoly service, advice on pro-competitive pricing and marketing policy, and general compliance program;
- Financial arm of a car manufacturer – advised on structuring business processes involving provision of financial services and co-operation with credit institutions and insurance companies in particular from antirust law and practice perspective;
- Large company in tourist and transport industry – preparation of a restructuring plan of a domestic group of companies from corporate, commercial and antitrust perspective;
- Several large foreign companies – advice on the most appropriate legal form for their representation on the territory of the Russian Federation in consideration of the specifics of the company s business and projects implemented on Russian territory, as well as on complex relocation of business from one constituency of the Russian Federation to another;
- Major services provider in food industry – development from scratch of a complex system of non-bank prepaid cards distribution, respective money flows and contractual provisions;
- Major business association – work (incl. pro bono work) on several legislative proposals, assessment of risks for association members, preparation of amendment to legislative acts and drafts together with underpinning reasoning in the antitrust area.