of Berwin Leighton Paisner (BLP)
Find a lawyer
- Practice Areas:
- Customs and International Trade
Alexander Kirilchenko specialises in the customs legislation, exchange and foreign trade regulation. He has extensive experience of advising on and supporting projects involving approval of the customs value of goods; providing legal support for export and import of contributions to the authorised capital of legal entities; assessing customs risks during import and export operations; setting up and providing legal support for foreign trade by Russian branches of multinational companies. He also deals with customs protection of trade marks against falsification and parallel imports. Alexander has rich experience of working with the customs, including central Federal Customs Service officials, which helps him maintain a constructive dialogue with representatives of customs and other state authorities and achieve a positive outcome.
Alexander’s recent projects include:
- Arranging for and rendering legal support to deliveries through the Russian branch of a US domestic appliance manufacturer.
- Performance of a due diligence on customs and exchange regulation matters within the scope of an M&A projects of a major brewery.
- Providing legal support for a project to organise imports of automotive parts for industrial assembly in the Russian Federation within the scope of an investment agreement between a leading Japanese car manufacturer and the Ministry for Economic Development of the Russian Federation.
- Participating in implementation of a project associated with changing the customs duty rates in the Russian Federation for certain raw materials in the interests of an international manufacturer of personal hygiene goods.
- Successfully recovering overpaid customs payments for a globally renowned foodstuffs manufacturer in a court case.
- Successfully confirming the Commodity Classification code of chemicals produced and imported by a world famous manufacturer of chemical and food products in a legal action.