(BLP), an award-winning international law firm
- Abu Dhabi
- Hong Kong
- Tel Aviv
Find a lawyer
Anton has broad experience in advising on corporate/ M&A transactions, private equity, joint-ventures, corporate governance and corporate finance projects. Anton also has remarkable experience in restructuring/ insolvency projects and corporate/ shareholders disputes. He is advising a wide range of clients – from private clients and individual investors to international and Russian "blue chips".
Before joining Goltsblat BLP in 2009 Anton spent 5 years as a Head of Legal and Corporate in one of the largest Russian glass production groups. Anton was responsible for all group’s major corporate and M&A projects, acquisition and management of various business units, as well as representing shareholders in governing bodies of several key group’s subsidiaries and affiliated entities.
Some of the recent projects in which Anton has participated include advising:
AFG National, one of the leaders of the Russian agriculture products market, on raising up to RUB 9bn from the Russian Direct Investments Fund and a number of Middle East funds.
the Federal Property Management Agency ("Rosimuschestvo") within the scope of a transaction for signing a shareholders’ agreement with the Republic of Bashkortostan on managing and disposing of shares in PJSC Joint Stock Oil Company Bashneft.
NOVATEK on a dispute with Nefte Petroleum Limited in relation to their joint venture YARGEO, the Yarudeyskoye oil field operator in the Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Area. The project involved our legal assistance to the client at the pre-trial dispute resolution stage and representation of NOVATEK before the first instance and appeal courts, which considered the claims for Nefte Petroleum Limited to be excluded from Yargeo LLC. Our client's claims were satisfied in full, following which, during the appeal proceedings, the parties reached an amicable agreement.
Ruscam Glass Packaging Holding, part of Şişecam Group (Turkey), the biggest glass packaging producer in Turkey and the fourth biggest in Europe and the world, on developing and putting into action a comprehensive corporate restructuring plan for its Russian business units.
Rolf Group, a major Russian car dealer, on its merger with Pelican Auto (BMW, Nissan and Škoda dealerships in the Moscow Region).
New Idea Investment Group on the transaction aimed to consolidate the share capital of MODIS FASHION RETAIL GROUP (one of the top 5 Russian fashion retail stores chain), including representation of the client’s interests and full legal support during negotiations with three minority shareholders of the company.
Uralkali on a potential acquisition in the transport and logistics sector.
Ilya Naishuller, director, scriptwriter and producer of the Sci-Fi action film Hardcore in relation to a transaction contemplating the sale of rights to the movie to STX Entertainment, a US based global media company. This transaction is one of the largest international deals ever for the Russian film industry.
Sberbank of Russia on its investment project related to acquisition of 25%+1 share in Detskiy mir - Center, the largest children's goods retail store network in Russia.
Sberbank of Russia in relation to Sportlotto project, an official operator of state lotteries organized by the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation.
Hals-Development (VTB group) on its acquisition of the controlling stake in CiTer Invest B.V. for the development of Plot 11 of the Moscow City International Business Center (construction of a multi-level tower and a transportation hub with the total area of 230 000 sq.m.).
- Citer Invest B.V. (VTB group) in relation to its three secured borrowings from VTB Bank to finance the investment project for the development of IQ-Kvartal multifunctional complex of the Moscow City International Business Center. GBLP's support included coordination of legal teams from six different jurisdictions.
McAfee/ Intel in relation to its $389 m acquisition of StoneSoft, a Finland-based leading innovator in the next-generation network firewall products.
- Alt Telecom in connection with the sale of mobile & IT retail chain to Euroset.
- Shareholders of Sape Group on partial sale of business to Millhouse and Invest AG consortium of funds, which became a 30% shareholder in Sape.ru, the largest Russia and CIS internet search optimizer, and Serpzilla project, international project company scaling Sape business model for European, US and Asian markets).
- NALCO/ An Ecolab Company in relation to negotiation and structuring of the JV for setting up a distributorship net throughout of Russia.
- AlfaStrakhovanie insurance group on the private equity deal related to Medicine AlfaStrakhovanie joint venture.
- OMS Group (the biggest catering, fleet management and technical operation outsourcing operator in Eastern Europe) on acquisition of 100% of shares in Forum Facility Management, commercial operator of the Moscow Aurora Business Park, with a total area of over 150 thousand sq.m.
- OMS Group on its service project related to maintenance and management of the students campus of the Far East Federal University, the largest educational center in the Far East of Russia. The legal support included negotiations on the agreements with Campus Advantage (USA) and Tricon Foodservice (UK), two prominent international consultants specialising in organisation of the students campus management.
- Banque Fédérale des Banques Populaires and Caisse Nationale des Caisse d’Epargne et de Prévoyance (including representation of their interests in the Federal Antimonopoly Service of the Russian Federation) in respect of Russian anti-trust control aspects of their assets consolidation and set up of the central managing body of the second largest French credit holding.
Magna International on planned joint (with Sberbank) acquisition of 55% in Adam Opel GmbH (in relation to the Russian and CIS based business units of Opel and General Motors Corporation). The EURO 500m deal was recognized as the most complex international deal of 2009.
- Tnuva Food Industries (the largest food manufacturer and distributor in Israel) on acquisition of the food production equipment from the Russian company being under the receivership insolvency procedure.
- Akfen Holding (Turkish development group) on the acquisition of OOO Severny Avtovokzal holding the rights and building permits for a 2,000 sq. m. hotel project in central Moscow (currently IBIS Hotel Dynamo).