of Berwin Leighton Paisner (BLP)
Find a lawyer
Practice areas: commercial disputes, international arbitration, IP protection, anti-trust disputes, disputes over realty, unfair competition, insolvency and bankruptcy.
Elena Trusova has accumulated vast experience in handling commercial disputes in arbitration courts, courts of general jurisdiction and international commercial arbitrations (ICAC, SCC, LCIA).
Elena has contributed to a successful outcome of a number of litigations and major advisory projects pertaining to protection of copyright, trade marks and corporate names.
Elena has represented her clients in the Rospatent Chamber for Patent Disputes and the Federal Anti-monopoly Service, including on cases of unfair competition and illegal use of intellectual property.
Elena advises clients on conclusion and enforcement of licence agreements, registrability of trade marks and ensuring copyright protection.
Elena has represented and advised major manufacturers of cosmetics, construction materials and medical products, motor and food companies and retail chains.
Elena is an Attorney at Law, a member of the Moscow Region Chamber of Attorneys since 2002 and a Patent Attorney of the Russian Federation.
- Acted for a major automobile holding in a number of disputes concerning supply contracts in the International Commercial Arbitration Court under the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation.
- Enforced an ICAC ruling awarding outstanding debt under a loan agreement to our client (an international bank).
- Acted for a European cosmetics company in a dispute with the customs authorities about whether licence payments are to be included in the customs value of imported goods.
- Acted for a major food company in an unfair competition and improper advertising dispute.
- Acted for TechnoNICOL in litigations involving protection of rights to trade marks and their illegal use on the Internet.
- Acted for Reckitt Benkiser in disputes over and illegal use of a trade mark in TV commercials.
- Acted for a number of international companies in the cosmetics and fashion industry and a major car company in court disputes of illegal use of trade marks in domain names by cybersquatters.
- Acted for Novorossiysk Commercial Sea Port and Novorossiysk Grain Terminal in challenging the resolution and order of the Russian Federal Anti-monopoly Service in a case over abuse of dominant position on the commodity market (monopoly high prices).
- Acted for the renown Dutch architect Eric van Egeraat in a number of litigations in the ICAC under the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce pertaining to disputes over repayment of arrears and compensation for copyright infringement to architectural designs of the Capital City Complex and Barvikha Hills villa community totalling over USD 4 mn.
- Advising and rendering legal support to Mars, Danone, General Motors, and Oriflame in connection with infraction of trade mark rights and copyright items.
- Negotiating on behalf of Sick AG with a company illegally placing the client’s proprietary trade marks on a website.
- Acting for Swerford in a dispute with an infringer of rights to commercial videos (applied to law enforcement authorities, arranged for closing the websites following communications with the hosting provider, etc.).
- Acting for Air Charter in a dispute with a company that used the client’s corporate name in business operations similar to those of the client (the illegal activities were discontinued following negotiations).
- Acting for Vaillant in a dispute with a firm selling the client’s products in Russia via an e-store without obtaining the status of an official distributor. The e-store website was closed down following negotiations.
- Acting for Reckitt Benkiser before the Federal Anti-monopoly Service and the state arbitration court in a dispute over illegal use of a trade mark in TV commercials.
- Acting for TechnoNIKOL in state arbitration courts, the Federal Anti-monopoly Service and the Chamber for Patent Disputes with respect to rights to the trade mark and the client retaining the right to manufacture products under the disputed brand.
- Acting for Fenix Film in a copyright dispute with respect to a series of TV programmes and the right to use their name and associated trade marks.
- Advising Mars and a range of other food and pharmaceutical companies on licensing matters and franchise agreements.
- Acting for General Motors before the Federal Anti-monopoly Service and the State arbitration court in a dispute over illegal use of a trade mark, including Olympic symbolic.
For several years running The European Legal 500 (2012), Chambers Global (2012), Chambers Europe (2012) have highly recommended the team led by Elena Trusova as one of the strongest in Russia and Elena as a recommended individual in her practice areas. Elena has been recognized as one of the best LDR lawyers in Russia by Vedomosti’s Best Lawyers 2012.