of Berwin Leighton Paisner (BLP)
Find a lawyer
Oleg is a highly regarded Russian-qualified lawyer whose experience covers a broad range of finance and banking work. He specialises in secured and unsecured lending transactions, where he has advised across a number of sectors including banking, telecommunications and energy. Most recently Oleg has advised InterRao Group in connection with RUR 9,6 bn. convertible loan from EBRD. In addition, Oleg also has proven experience in restructuring and asset finance.
Some recent projects Oleg Khokhlov has been involved in:
Financial and bank deals
· advising OAO INTER RAO UES on raising a RUR 9.6bn convertible loan from the EBRD;
· participating in drafting a loan Participation Agreement and developing possibilities for an A/B Loans structure under Russian and English law for an international financial institution;
· developing a structure and writing the relevant documentation for cession and servicing of ceded deliverables by a bank belonging to a major automotive holding company;
· advising a major Russian bank on provision of parent company guarantees for observance of RF Central Bank statutory requirements;
· advising on and participating in a project for issue of CLNs for a major international investment bank;
· participating in a project for financial structuring of a JV of a Russian Federation state corporation.
Project finance and investment into infrastructure
· advising OAO LUKOIL in connection with construction of Vysotsk oil terminal complex, including financing supported by OPIC;
· advising BNP Paribas in connection with EUR 467,000,000 financing of satellites launch and operation for Gazprom Space Systems with support of COFACE (French export agency);
· advising Sakhalin Energy in connection with the project finance in amount of US$5,3bn for Sakhalin-2 LNG project;
· advising major Western bank in connection with the purchase of equipment for OAO Gazprom with support of EKN (Swedish export agency);
· advising EBRD in connection to facility for OAO Mosenergo;
· advising major Western bank in connection with the multi-currency facility to JSC Russian Railways.
Secured / unsecured lending transactions
· advising the mandated lead arrangers of a USD 2 bn syndicated loan facility for Sberbank of Russia;
· advising the mandated lead arrangers of a USD 470 m syndicated loan facility for VimpelCom Ltd;
· advising the mandated lead arrangers of a USD 1.33 bn syndicated loan facility for Mobile TeleSystems;
· advising a major Western bank on a double tranche RUB/USD facility to Russian Railways;
· advising major Western banks on a series of facilities to Gazprombank;
· advising a major Western investment bank on a loan to an offshore subsidiary of a major Russian oil company guaranteed by the parent;
· advising Goldman Sachs on a series of margin loans;
· advising ABN AMRO Bank N.V. on a series of margin loans.
Restructuring / insolvency / bail-outs
· advising PwC as administrator of Lehman Brothers International Europe (in administration) on the Russian law bankruptcy issues;
· advising Vnesheconombank on a series of emergency refinancings of international debts for major Russian corporates;
· advising major US and Swiss investment banks on restructuring of a secured facility involving debt to notes swap;
· advising a major French bank on restructuring its secured financing to a major Russian agricultural company.
· advising a major aircraft engine manufacturer on leasing of aircraft engines in Russia;
· advising a major US investment bank on a series of aircraft asset finance deals.
Financial derivatives and regulatory issues
· advising a major Swiss bank on placement of foreign securities and financial instruments in Russia;
· advising a Russian self-regulating organisations on regulation of FOREX company activities and on the legal nature and proposed regulation of over-the-counter transactions on the FOREX market;
· advising a major automotive holding in relation to performance of banking and finance activities in Russia, including projects for: retail loans, dealer finance and parent company guarantees;
· advising banks and securities market professional participants on statutory regulation by the RF Central Bank and the Federal Service for the Securities Markets.