of Berwin Leighton Paisner (BLP)
Find a lawyer
Andrei specialises in international project finance transactions and international joint ventures. He advises on the development and financing of oil & gas upstream, midstream and downstream projects, independent power projects, nuclear power projects, mining, telecommunication and infrastructure projects throughout the world with a focus on the emerging markets particularly on Russia ands CIS.
Andrei is recognised as a Legal Expert by The Legal 500, Who's Who Legal and Chambers. Who's Who Legal CIS 2011 comments that Andrei is "sharp and clever" with "terrific expertise in structured and project finance". Andrei was also named as one of The Lawyer’s "The Hot 100" in 2010.
Andrei recently acted for:
- OAO Gazprom in connection with the South Stream Gas Pipeline Project;
- Trans-Balkan Pipeline B.V. in connection with the construction and project financing of the Burgas-Alexandroupolus cross-border oil pipeline project;
- Atomstroyexport in connection with a newly built nuclear power plant in Akkuyu, Turkey;
- Taneko and Tatneft on the construction and financing of a large refinery and petrochemical complex in Nizhnekamsk, Tatarstan;
- A bidder consortium in connection with the tender for the Pulkovo airport expansion in Russia;
Professional memberships: New York Bar Association; California Bar Association
Publications: Russian PPPs in International Project Finance and PPPs (Wolters Kluwer, 2012).