Find a lawyer
Vera has more than 13 years of professional experience. As the Associate Director in the Corporate/ M&A Practice, Vera counsels private and public companies, financial institutions, private equity funds and individuals on cross-border and domestic M&A deals, disposals and joint ventures. She also advises on general corporate, regulatory and commercial law matters. Vera has assisted local and international clients operating in various sectors, including Energy & Resources, Mining, industrial manufacturing, real estate, hotel management, IT, retail, etc. Before joining the firm Vera worked for over 9 years for other international consulting firms with a main focus on corporate and M&A practice areas.
Vera was selected by peers as one of the best lawyers in Russia in the field of Mergers & Acquisitions Law, according to Best Lawyers in Russia 2016-2019 Editions.
Some of Vera’s projects included:
- Advising Volga Group in relation to the proposed acquisition of assets in Russia.
- Advising Open Mobile Platform-DC LLC and RUSINTECH LLC on sale of 75% in Open Mobile Platform-DC and 75% in Votron LLC to Rostelecom PJSC, which through this transaction gains control over the developer of Sailfish OS and Sailfish Mobile OS RUS.
- Advising Pallada Asset Management on corporate and capital market transactions.
- Advising ESN Group, a Russian private investment group, on a number of corporate transactions.
- Acting for Zoltav Resources Inc. on the Russian aspects of its admission to trading on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange (including a $66 m fund raising) and on the associated acquisition and transfer to Zoltav of an oil field in Saratov, Russia.
- Advising a Russian Group - one of the leading players in the agricultural business in Russia, on the proposed sale of the business to a strategic European investor for approximately $1 billion.
- Advising Shearman & Sterling acting as lead counsel to the underwriters on Russian law matters in connection with a capital increase of Raiffeisen Bank International AG (RBI) on the Vienna Stock Exchange with gross proceeds of approximately €2.78 billion.
- Representing Eurasian Development Bank in relation to its $1.5 billion co-investment together with VEB (Vneshekonombank) and Raiffeisenbank in Acron, one of Europe’s top mineral fertilizer makers.
- Assisting Kvaerner in the corporation's business development activities in Russia, including establishment of partnerships with Russian companies working in the Energy sector.
- Assisting RusForest AB (publ), a forestry and sawmilling company operating in Eastern Siberia and the Arkhangelsk region of Russia, in an acquisition of two Russian sawmilling companies and further mandatory buy-out of shares from the minority shareholders of one of the acquired entities.
- Assisting a Russian subsidiary of Ferronordic Machines AB in acquiring dealership business from Volvo Construction Equipment in Russia and obtaining the exclusivity dealership arrangement for the sale of Volvo Construction Equipment on the Russian market.
- Assisting RusForest AB (publ) with an acquisition of two timber production companies located in the north of Russia.
- Assisting the leading European manufacturer of ventilation equipment, Systemair AB, with expansion of its operations in Russia through an acquisition of one of the leading Russian ventilation distributor companies.
- Acting for Alpcot Agro AB (publ) in respect of the client’s Russian group of companies and their ownership to agricultural land in seven regions of Russia in connection with several private placements of shares of Alpcot Agro AB (publ) and listing of Alpcot Agro AB (publ) on First North, Stockholm.
- Assisting a Russian subsidiary of SKF AB, one of the leading Swedish manufacturing companies, with the green field development of the ball-bearing plant in Tver region of Russia.