Find a lawyer
Irina focuses on IP rights, unfair competition, data protection and advertising regulation. She holds an LLM degree in IP rights and competition protection in Europe and the USA (Munich Intellectual Property Law Center, 2015).
Having joined GBLP in November 2011, she now holds the position of Associate. Irina is active in advising clients on IP rights protection issues, documenting and exercising exclusive IP rights, obtaining approvals for advertising campaigns and assessing risks associated with distribution of advertising materials. Furthermore, Irina is involved in supporting litigations and disputes at the Federal Antimonopoly Service.
While studying and working in Germany, Irina gained considerable experience in liaising with foreign patent attorneys on various trade mark issues and acquired foreign law firm experience.
Below are some of the projects in which Irina has been involved:
- Representing three sound recording companies – Sony Music Russia, Universal Music Russia и Warner Music UK – in a case against the VKonakte social network over protection of related rights to music files;
- Consulting major US motion picture companies regarding copyright protection on the Internet and the Anti-piracy Law mechanisms;
- Representing Scott Fetzer Company in out-of-court settlement of disputes over infringement of the rights to the KIRBY trade mark on the Internet (issuing claims, conducting negotiations, etc.);
- Representing Sick AG in a dispute over illegal use of the client's principal trade mark on the Internet by the former employee of the client’s company who created a parallel identical business;
- Representing Unilever Rus LLC at the Moscow State Arbitration Court in a dispute under a competitor's lawsuit seeking that the slogan used in a TV commercial distributed on key Russian TV channels be recognised as improper comparison;
- Representing the interests of the major pharmaceutical company at the Federal Antimonopoly Service in a dispute over the illegal competitor’s advertising of the prescription medicine through the advertising of biologically active supplements;
- Legal support for advertising campaigns of Mars, Royal Canin, Reckitt Benckiser LLC, Nissan, TEVA, SANOFI AVENTIS;
- Due diligence audits of the IP rights of a major TV channel and media holding;
- Consulting LG regarding slogans to be used in the advertising of the TV-sets, organisation of a complex survey, including opinion poll, instructing the client on the minimization of the risks and consulting on the lest risky advertising materials given the results of the surveys;
- Consulting of one of the major cinema chains in Russia regarding the outdoor advertising in the city center of Moscow and development of the strategy of communication with the city authorities for the approval of the advertising.