(BLP), an award-winning international law firm
- Abu Dhabi
- Hong Kong
- Tel Aviv
Find a lawyer
Alla specialises in all areas of taxation in Russia with particular focus on corporate taxation and international tax structuring. Alla advises Russian and international businesses on various tax issues related to inbound and outbound investments, development and implementation of corporate structures for international groups in various jurisdictions, project financing, M&A transactions, setting up of joint ventures.
Prior to joining Goltsblat BLP Alla worked as part of the Russian tax practices of DLA Piper, Deloitte and PWC. Alla has extensive experience in advising a wide range of domestic and international clients with regard to their activities in Russia, holding and investment structures in various jurisdictions (including investment funds), as well as issues related to corporate restructuring and IPOs of Russian issuers on international stock exchanges. Alla provides legal support to clients doing business in such sectors as real estate, consumer industrial products, telecommunications, pharmaceuticals, oil & gas industry, retail and other.
Alla also has extensive experience in advising private clients on matters related to personal holding structures (including foreign trusts and foundations), controlled foreign companies (CFC) rules and de-offshorisation.
Alla’s scope of experience also includes transfer pricing projects, including benchmarking and preparation of a full set of transfer pricing documentation for the Russian tax authorities, as well as complex due diligence reviews, and currency control rules.
- Advising a joint venture engaged in the construction of commercial and residential property in Russia on tax matters in connection with a multi-functional development project in the Moscow Region, including structuring advice on tax effective contractual arrangements with investors and anchor tenants, project financing and foreign holding structure.
- Advising a large international pharmaceutical company on tax matters related to the construction of manufacturing facilities and subsequent manufacturing of pharmaceutical products in Russia, including structuring of Russian operations and application of regional tax incentives for investors.
- Advising a large multinational manufacture of telecommunication equipment on tax aspects of restructuring of its Russian distribution chain and transition to a new business model of acting through a Russian subsidiary (a limited risk distributor), including transfer pricing issues and determination of customs value of the imported equipment, as well as financing of the Russian subsidiary.
- Assisting a private client with the restructuring of his offshore holding structure in view of the new Russian deoffshorisation measures, including advising the client on various matters related to the Russian CFC rules, amnesty of capital and transitional matters, preparation of a detailed restructuring roadmap and assisting with the transfer of assets to the client and a newly formed holding company.
- Advising a Russian holding specialised in investments in commercial real estate on structuring of international holding and financial structure on the base of a foreign investment fund.
- Comprehensive analysis of transfer pricing and preparation of transfer pricing reporting under the Russian standards for the period 2012 – 2015 for a Russian subsidiary of a large international pharmaceutical group.