Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) LLP — Russian Practice of Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP, international law firm.
The world is more connected, and now so are we. Learn More
- About the firm
- Banking & Finance
- Competition & antitrust
- Corporate / M&A
- Corporate recovery & restructuring
- Customs and International Trade
- Dispute resolution
- Employment, pensions & benefits
- Insolvency & bankruptcy
- Intellectual property / IT
- Legal support for foreign direct investment projects in Russia
- Public-private partnership (PPP) / infrastructure
- Product liability
- Real estate & construction
- Tax consulting / tax litigation
- White collar criminal defence
- Asia Practice
- Legal Support for Russian-Israeli Projects
- E - Brochures
- News & Views
The firm has joined a new subcommittee for strategic innovations in the automotive sphere, set up under the Chamber of Industry and Commerce of the RF
Motor vehicles have long since become indispensable for us – in addition to being a comfortable means of individual travel, they provide public transportation, carry loads and passengers for business purposes, provide for mobility and responsiveness by various special-purpose machines and engines and also participate in some of the most thrilling sports competitions. Millions of people and thousands of entities are in one way or another connected with the motor industry, including manufacture, distribution, servicing and use, and take a keen interest in related manufacturing and consumer news.
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) LLP/Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner attorneys have extensive experience in rendering legal support to the motor industry in the Russian Federation and Europe, assisting with incorporation, development, restructuring and protection of manufacturing companies, their assembly and distribution divisions, dealership chains and service organisations, as well as the financial arms of car manufacturers, lenders and insurers that are part of the motor business. Our team always stays abreast of the position taken by the relevant government authorities, business associations and consumer protection societies.
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) LLP/Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner specialists combine unique experience of rendering legal support to major and medium-scale projects in the Russian motor industry with a profound knowledge of and practical skills in applying legal tools for restructuring, financing and commercial operation of businesses on the European vehicle manufacturing, sales and servicing markets. Our client list includes some of the leading Russian motor companies, along with global motor corporations.
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) LLP is on the subcommittee for strategic automotive innovations set up under the CCI RF Committee for enterprise in the automotive sphere.
To our clients we offer integrated legal support for various projects, both complex and specific, and professional advice on all kinds of legal issues faced by motor market players.
Some of our legal advice services to motor sector companies:
- Analysis and development of motor business models, corporate business structuring, support for organic growth and expansion through M&A
- Comprehensive legal assistance in setting up complete cycle and assembly facilities, liaison with government and municipal authorities
- Expert review and support under the anti-monopoly law, representing clients during anti-monopoly examinations and initiation of cases for competition law violations
- Legal advice on building up and developing dealership networks, development, modification and termination of dealership, distribution and leasing agreements
- Environmental, sanitary and nature conservation aspects of operations by manufacturers and other entities involved in the motor sector
- Trade mark registration, patenting, development of and legal support for licensing and other agreements, legal assistance in fighting counterfeits
- Employment restructuring, staff reduction and job elimination, interaction with trades unions, legal due diligence of labour law compliance by motor businesses, identification and mitigation of possible risks; corporate pension plans
- Advice on various legal aspects of localising manufacture of spare parts and SKD units, including set up of joint ventures, car manufacturers’ trade mark and know-how protection, marketing and distribution
- Advice on customs matters, preferential customs treatment of SKD importation and vehicle import
- Tax planning and tax restructuring, legal advice on all aspects of taxation in the Russian Federation and other European countries
- Legal support for financing of distribution networks and dealerships, long- and short-term loans and ensuring repayment of borrowings
- Land, real estate and construction services for the motor business: lease of office and warehouse premises, testing tracks, trial grounds and training centres
- Comprehensive legal support for consumer relations, including legal assessment of marketing campaigns, customer loyalty programmes, personal data processing and storage, assistance in claims handling and representation in customer disputes
- Pre-trial settlement and comprehensive defence in court disputes for all kinds of legal action, legal assistance in enforcement proceedings, recommendations on how to prevent unfair business practices in the motor industry
Partner, Customs and International Trade
Partner, Head of Competition Practice