Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) LLP — Russian Practice of Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP, international law firm.
The world is more connected, and now so are we. Learn More
- About the firm
- Banking & Finance
- Antitrust & Competition
- Corporate / M&A
- Corporate recovery & restructuring
- Customs and International Trade
- Dispute resolution
- Employment, pensions & benefits
- Insolvency & bankruptcy
- Intellectual property / IT
- Legal support for foreign direct investment projects in Russia
- Public-private partnership (PPP) / infrastructure
- Product liability
- Real estate & construction
- Tax consulting / tax litigation
- White collar criminal defence
- Asia Practice
- Legal Support for Russian-Israeli Projects
- E - Brochures
- News & Views
Energy & Natural Resources
Chambers Europe 2018:
- "Acts on a range of matters for energy clients including joint ventures, acquisitions and energy-related construction, with particular expertise in the power generation sector in Russia and across the CIS region. Assists with corporate governance matters. Additionally, involved in long-term strategic projects such as Nord Stream II and TurkStream. Also active in the mining industry.
- Interviewees appreciate the team's commercial approach. A source says the lawyers are "keen on finding solutions to issues and are good negotiators."
- The team is also praised for its responsiveness and accuracy."
IFLR 1000 2018: "Highly competent and supportive in negotiations with counterparty, resourceful and accurate in their work."
Chambers Global 2017: "Goltsblat BLP provides a range of services to energy clients including joint ventures, acquisitions and energy-related construction matters. Particular expertise in the power generation sector, including nuclear power, in Russia, the CIS region and beyond."
Chambers Europe 2017: "Sources note its client-friendly approach, saying the team is "smart and creative in developing alternatives as well as loyal and friendly."
Legal 500 2017: "The ‘team of experienced specialists’ at Goltsblat BLP has ‘a perfect knowledge of applicable laws and an impressive understanding of client needs in the energy sector’."
"Goltsblat BLP is experienced in energy and natural resources and transport project development, with a team boasting oil and gas, mining, transport and construction law expertise. The team also represents clients in these sectors in disputes.
Clients recommend the firm for energy, mining and transport work. One oil and gas client the firm has assisted with project development says: "The firm provided a high standard of level services and good value for money. All documents were accurately prepared, the lawyers are always available to discuss any issue and the team consists of very qualified people with good experience in cross border matters."
Another client, which the firm has assisted with a variety of mandates in mining and transport (disputes, contracts, project finance and regulation), is also impressed by the team. "Always precise, to-the-point and client focussed; attentive to risks and any changes in the regulatory environment; and, flexible in the deal structuring process. They also have good relationships with government authorities and years of expertise."
Legal 500 EMEA 2016: "Goltsblat BLP, the Russian practice of Berwin Leighton Paisner has ‘profound industry knowledge’ and ‘a readiness to explore new issues’. Corporate and M&A partner Anton Sitnikov has ‘great control over issues and displays excellent team management’. Vitaly Mozharowski handles real estate and construction matters."
Chambers Europe 2016:
- "The team has practical knowledge of the subject."
- "The lawyers give us immediate attention and are very service-oriented."
Chambers Global 2016: "Strong practical expertise in the power generation industry sector and outside of Russia."
Chambers Europe 2015:
- "Excellent industry knowledge and business acumen."
- "Has a business approach and can make recommendations on risks."
- "Goltsblat BLP offers the full suite of services in energy and infrastructure, and has good transactional, contentious and regulatory practices."
- "Head of the firm’s corporate team, Anton Sitnikov is very commercial, very professional, and he has a good understanding of the industry," says one client in the oil and gas sector."
Chambers Europe 2014: "Goltsblat BLP adopts the right commercial and business approach, and is thus able to introduce innovation into a conservative industry."
Chambers Europe 2013:
- "Goltsblat BLP is able to advise on the full range of energy matters."
- Clients say: "The quality is exceptionally high."
Partner, Head of Corporate / M&A
Partner, Real Estate and Construction