Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) LLP — Russian Practice of Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP, international law firm.
The world is more connected, and now so are we. Learn More
- About the firm
- Banking & Finance
- Antitrust & Competition
- Corporate / M&A
- Corporate recovery & restructuring
- Customs and International Trade
- Dispute resolution
- Employment, pensions & benefits
- Insolvency & bankruptcy
- Intellectual property / IT
- Legal support for foreign direct investment projects in Russia
- Private Client
- Public-private partnership (PPP) / infrastructure
- Product liability
- Real estate & construction
- Tax consulting / tax litigation
- White collar criminal defence
- Asia Practice
- Legal Support for Russian-Israeli Projects
- E - Brochures
- News & Views
Energy & Natural Resources
What others say about us..
Acts on a range of matters for energy clients including joint ventures, acquisitions and energy-related construction, with particular expertise in the power generation sector. Assists with corporate governance matters.Chambers Europe 2018
Energy, Oil and Gas is a core area of focus for Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) LLP. We provide an integrated service to energy, natural resources and infrastructure projects globally and frequently advise large integrated energy majors, sponsors, lenders, contractors, financiers, buyers, suppliers, distributors, governments and regulatory authorities. The diversity of our client base provides us with a solid understanding of the key stakeholders in the market.
We provide a full range of legal services (a ‘one-stop-shop’) based on in-depth sectors knowledge to companies operating in the energy and natural resources sector, including advising on joint ventures, acquisitions, mergers and transfers of interests in assets and companies, advising on restructuring of markets and on regulatory matters, advising on all related legal matters including competition law, EPC, O&M arrangements, corporate and tax law, environmental law, real estate, drafting, negotiating and advising on all documentation (commercial contracts as well as financing documents) and planning in addition to arbitration and dispute resolution. We have expertise in all relevant areas including reserve based lending (project finance), concession agreements, licences, production sharing contracts, subsoil licensing and hydrocarbon production sharing contracts, joint operating agreements, LNG arrangements, product sale and M&A. Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) LLP lawyers are regularly invited to participate as experts in the development and drafting laws of the Russian Federation and other regulations in the Energy & Natural Resources sector. We have an in-depth understanding of the cultural, commercial, political and legal issues currently affecting the industry. This adds considerable and tangible value to our legal advice.
Members of our energy team have represented clients on high profile energy and oil and gas transactions in Russia/ CIS, UK, Continental Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and Americas. Some of our most recent transactions have been performed within emerging markets such as Kazakhstan, Mauritania, Brazil, Egypt, Greece, Oman, Gabon, Nigeria, Poland and Qatar.
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) LLP team continues to be involved in a number of landmark deals of national and cross-border importance including:
- Acting for Rosatom on Akkuyu NPP, which is currently one of the biggest projects on nuclear power construction in the world;
- Reresenting RusHydro, Russia's largest hydropower company and second largest among hydroelectric power producers in the world, on almost all their energy projects, strategic alliances and JVs abroad and in Russia;
- Advised Nord Stream AG (a twin pipeline system through the Baltic Sea transporting natural gas from Russia to Europe) on the legal aspects of construction of the Russian component of the submarine gas pipeline.
A selection of our Energy, Natural resources, Oil & Gas sector clients includes: South Stream Transport BV, Nord Stream AG, Rosatom, Inter RAO, RusHydro, Sakhalinugol, SUEK, Sibur, General Electric, Schlumberger, TESCO Corporation, etc.
Some of the legal services we offer in the energy and natural resources sector include:
- Legal assistance in building relations with state and municipal authorities, public organisations and the public with project preparation and implementation in the energy and natural resources sector
- Analysis and recommendations on the selection of corporate and other legal forms for preparing and implementing projects involving the exploration and use of natural and energy resources, the development of core documents (foundation agreements, charters, shareholder and other agreements) and the state registration of relevant entities
- Advice on the elaboration of the legal framework for the financing of investments in the energy and natural resources sector
- Comprehensive legal support for the restructuring, acquisition and disposal of participatory interests, shares and property of companies in the fuel and energy sector, with due account for antimonopoly law, legislation on natural monopolies and the participation of foreign capital in the strategic industries of the Russian economy
- Legal support to clients that receive sub-soil user licences and other permits and registration of the relevant rights on behalf of our clients
- Legal assistance for the joint exploration, development and operation of natural and energy resources and on a comprehensive range of issues associated with production-sharing agreements
- Legal support for the daily operations of entities operating in the energy and natural resources sector (corporate, operational, environmental, commercial, tax, employment and other aspects)
- Legal advice on the construction, modernisation and maintenance of energy and natural resources facilities, as well as on energy saving and energy efficiency issues
- Cross-border transactions, legal support for multi-jurisdictional operations, application of international law in project implementation in the energy and natural resources sector
- Administrative, judicial and arbitration protection of rights and dispute resolution, involved in energy and natural resources projects and facilities
- Drafting of legislation and other standard-setting work in the energy and natural resources sector
Head of Energy and Natural Resources
Head of Natural Resources, Mining and Infrastructure