- Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) LLP
- News & Press
- In the Press
- Best Lawyers 2019 names Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) LLP Real Estate Law Firm of the Year and Vitaly Mozharowski Construction Lawyer of the Year
News & Press
27 June 2018 Best Lawyers 2019 names Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) LLP Real Estate Law Firm of the Year and Vitaly Mozharowski Construction Lawyer of the Year
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) LLP is recognised as Law Firm of the Year in Real Estate by the prestigious international Best Lawyers ranking published on 27 June 2018.
In addition to this firm-wide award, Vitaly Mozharowski, Partner, Head of Real Estate and Construction, is once again named Lawyer of the Year, this time in Construction.
This accolade is yet another feather in the cap of the Real Estate and Construction Practice of Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) LLP, which is among the strongest and most sought-after on the Russian market, has been top-ranked by the leading international legal guides for several years running and, in particular, is recognised as the team “of choice for real estate transactions in Russia”.
In Moscow, the Practice is represented by Partners Vitaly Mozharowski, Vladislav Sourkov, Yuri Chernobrivtsev and Rustam Aliev.
The Real Estate and Construction Practice of Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) LLP is involved in major projects advising:
- Nord Stream 2 AG / Nord Stream 2, as the lead counsel on Russian law matters relating to laying the Russian section of the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline on the Baltic Sea bed;
- South Stream Transport B.V. / Turkish Stream, as the lead counsel on the project to construct the Russian section of the Turk Stream pipeline from Russia to Turkey. One of the pipeline strings will cater for the Turkish market, while the other will deliver gas to southern and south-east Europe.
- On the large-scale reconstruction project for Sheremetyevo, Russia’s biggest airport, involving construction of two new passenger terminals, a cargo complex, a unique underground transport tunnel under two runways, a fuelling facility, utility infrastructure, etc.;
- On construction of a Mars Research Centre in the Volga Region and a new pet food manufacturing facility in the Rostov Region, to name just a couple.
Best Lawyers is one of the most respected expert publications in the legal profession. Recognition in Best Lawyers is widely regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a significant honour conferred on a lawyer by their peers. Since 2015, Best Lawyers has released firm-wide awards by practice area. Law firms of the year are determined based on several factors, including: ballot feedback, the firm’s number of office locations, historical analysis of the firm’s “Lawyer of the Year” awards and the firm’s overall scope and areas of expertise.
This year, 32 lawyers of Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) LLP are included in the Best Lawyers ranking, with a total of 61 mentions. The team is recommended in 20 practice areas and recognised among the country’s very best.