- Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) LLP
- News & Press
- In the Press
- Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner Russia tops the RAPSI Law Firms and Law-Making ranking
News & Press
10 April 2019 Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner Russia tops the RAPSI Law Firms and Law-Making ranking
Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) LLP (formerly Goltsblat BLP in Russia) has come out on top of the Law Firms and Law-Making ranking released by the Russian Legal Information Agency (RAPSI) last week.
The contestants were assessed and ranked on their involvement in law-making and on their transparency by an expert panel featuring representatives of RAPSI and the Association of Lawyers of Russia. The rankings reflect the depth, breadth and frequency of law firm associates’ involvement in law-making and the extent to which they are sought after by businesses.
For many years now, BCLP Russia lawyers have belonged to expert groups crafting and improving the legislation in the State Duma, the Federation Council and ministries of the Russian Federation, state corporations and regional legislative initiators.
This amazing accolade stems particularly from the firm’s robust involvement in the following initiatives:
- Drafting the bill on self-regulation in advertising, with BCLP Russia associates acting as the leading lawyers and the sole adviser on the project;
- Drafting the Recommendations on Compliance with the Laws on Advertising Non-Prescription Medicines, jointly with AIPM, AEB, ARPM and other industry associations1 and the FAS Russia.
- Sitting on the supervisory panel of the FAS and RCCA working group, which is putting the final touches to the Competition Law clarifications;
- Putting together the 4th Antitrust Package jointly with the Competition Experts Association2;
- Drafting the bill on amending Russia’s Land Code and other regulations;
- Drafting the Federal Law on Skolkovo;
- Drafting the Federal Law on the 2014 Winter Olympics and Paralympic Games in Sochi, and much more.
More detail about the ranking can be found here._________________________________________________________
1 The Association of International Pharmaceutical Manufacturers (AIPM), Association of European Businesses (AEB), Association of Russian Pharmaceutical Manufacturers (ARPM), Society of Professional Pharmaceutical Organisations (SPFO), Russian Association of Communications Agencies (AKAR) and International Confederation of Consumer Societies (KONFOP).
2 Federal Law 275-FZ “Amendments to the Federal Law “Protection of Competition” and Certain Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation” of 05.10.2015.