- Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (Russia) LLP
- News & Press
- In the Press
- Goltsblat BLP Recognised as Real Estate Law Firm of the Year
News & Press
21 June 2016 Goltsblat BLP Recognised as Real Estate Law Firm of the Year
Best Lawyers has awarded Best Law Firm of the Year in Real Estate to Goltsblat BLP, the Russian practice of the international law firm Berwin Leighton Paisner (BLP).
Vitaly Mozharowski, Head of Real Estate & Construction, has also been named Environmental Law Lawyer of the Year and Rustam Aliev, Partner, – Land Use and Zoning Law Lawyer of the Year.
The high-class professionals of the Goltsblat BLP Real Estate and Construction Practice team have an outstanding market reputation in providing legal support for real estate and construction projects in Russia. For several years now, the Practice has been top-ranked by various professional legal directories in virtually all key real estate and construction sectors. The Practice in Moscow is represented by Partners Vitaly Mozharowski, Vladislav Surkov, Yury Chernobrivtsev and Rustam Aliev.
The major projects handled by the Goltsblat BLP Real Estate and Construction Practice include:
- comprehensive advice to Sheremetyevo International Airport on all legal aspects involved in construction of new passenger Terminal B, a freight terminal, a unique underground terminal-to-terminal tunnel beneath the runway and fuelling facility at the airport;
- participation in purchase of two office buildings in the Metropolis Multi-Functional Complex (sold by Capital Partners and bought by Hines and PPF), the Commercial Real Estate journal’s Deal of the Year 2016. The team led by Vladislav Surkov advised the PPF Group on both the purchase and the Hines – PPF joint-venture setup;
- integrated assistance in construction of the new TEVA pharmaceutical plant in Yaroslavl,
- and many others.
This year, Goltsblat BLP is a Top 5 law firm in Russia in the number of associates included in the Best Lawyers rating (22) and the total number of references (42) and a Top-3 law firm in Russia in practice areas (19).
Best Lawyers is one of the most reputable peer-review publications in the legal profession. Both clients and lawyers consider it a real privilege to receive a Best Lawyers ranking from their market peers. Since 2015, in addition to individual lawyer ratings, Best Lawyers has been giving awards to law firms in certain branches of law. Law Firm of the Year is chosen on the basis of several important criteria: client feedback, the number of offices and geographical coverage of services, analysis of all Lawyer of the Year awards given previously to firm associates, the scope of the firm's work and its practice areas.